7 Things You Need to Know About Vinyasa Flow
When you practice yoga, you come across various terms used by fellow practitioners. It takes a study to go through such terms in your field. Vinyasa yoga is also known as flow yoga. Vinyasa yoga flow is called so because of the smooth sequence followed while practicing Vinyasa yoga.
When you start practicing yoga, you come to have a deeper understanding about it. However, there are certain things which you might not have experienced yet. Don’t worry! Read to cover up on whatever you might have missed.
Things You Need to Know About Vinyasa Flow
- Breathing Whether you are practicing Vinyasa yoga or any form of yoga, breath is the focal point that is being focused. While being aware of your breath, you are in touch with your body and know when to slow down your rigorous yoga poses. Breathing is also necessary when your body heats up because it cools down the body.
- Alignment You not only focus on the yoga poses being practiced but also on the proper form of various yoga asanas. Maintaining a proper form is essential if you seek overall growth, and want to level up your yogic journey. Though yoga Vinyasa follows a much faster pace than other types of yoga, it doesn’t mean that you should move mindlessly. You need to have to be in constant touch with the rhythm of your body.
- Every Time is Different There is no set ‘flow’ which makes the yoga practice new every time you practice vinyasa flow. There are no rules, rather everything depends on the practitioners alone. It is their preference that they can have any yoga poses sequences to start the practice. Some tend to move along with music in the background while some prefer to practice yoga asanas in pure silence.
- Powerful Workout Yoga has evolved from mere deep stretching poses to a rigorous workout routine. While there are various forms of yoga that involve slow pace and focus on stretching the body. Vinyasa flow is a complete and powerful workout in itself. It works at building your strength while also deeply stretching the muscles.
- Available Options People regardless of age, sex, or size practice vinyasa yoga. It is because of such diverse participants, yoga vinyasa fits perfectly in everyone’s routine and level. Even if you lack the flexibility and strength required to perform a certain yoga pose, you can build it up gradually by practicing various other asanas in vinyasa flow. It allows you to incorporate different yoga asanas according to your level of expertise, providing you time and space to level up your progress.
- Resting It is not always about pushing your body rather respecting and acknowledging your limits. Vinyasa flow respects that and allows you to have rest in between the various yoga poses by including relaxing poses like child pose. It provides your body with a little break in case you are experiencing some stress or tension in your muscles.
- Magic in Transition Everything is connected with every other thing. There occurs no start or end rather there exists a continuous flow from one yoga pose to the other. Just like dance, vinyasa flow smoothly and link one transition with the other. The energy is transferred from one pose to the other. Your sense of balance improves since you are transitioning continuously without adequate rest out of the flow.
Also Read: Get to Know the Eight Limbs of Yoga Explained
Speculating over the given points you can conclude the various benefits you can have by practicing vinyasa flow. No matter what your current fitness level is, yoga vinyasa easily fits your routine. With beautiful flow, vinyasa yoga fills your life too with the majestic flow it holds.
Read more: Vinyasa Yoga In Rishikesh, India